Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Potato Chips - A Great Mid - Afternoon Snack






When most people think of potato chips, they automatically think 'unhealthy', but for me, potato chips serve as a great mid-afternoon snack. Living with GERD, potato or potato chips are an easy option for me. It digest easily and gives me an energy boost. Best of all it provides me with potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, minerals that PPIs can block the body from absorbing.

I prefect  kettle cooked chips, the ones with the blue, sweet and russet potatoes combination. When selecting them I look for chips that are cooked with Olive Oil -which is a heart healthy fat-, contains very low sodium and 0 trans fat. The key to eating snacks such as potato chips is to eat it with moderation. Stick to the suggested serving size on the label and eat them with another healthy food like hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment